Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New people at FAL

We have been joined by two new people who will work in the LIREC project: Anders Green and Elena Márquez Segura. Here is how they introduce themselves!

Anders: My research is focused on Human-Robot Interaction with semi-autonoumus service robots. I have a background in computational linguistics and a special interest in communicative quality in relation to interaction with embodied devices. Topics of interest include user-centred interaction design and evaluation for advanced human-robot interaction and challenges related to increasing usability in multimodal dialogue systems for human-robot communication. My thesis is entitled Designing and Evaluating Human-Robot Communication: Informing Design through Analysis of User Interaction.

Elena: I did my bachelor and master in Telecommunication Engineering, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros, Sevilla, Spain. I am currently studying a second master in Interactive Systems Engineering at KTH, with expected graduation in June.I am really interested in tangling up technology and design, in balanced bottom-up/ top-down design processes, aiming creative, fun, and engaging experiences. I am particularly interested in full body, gesture-based interactions to create embodied and aesthetic experiences.

No comments: